- Graduate Research Assistant
- Natural Resource Ecology and Management
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
Gabe is a PhD student studying Sustainable Agriculture and Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering. He is co-advised by Dr. Tom Isenhart in the department of Natural Resource Ecology and Management and Dr. Michelle Soupir in the department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering. His research focused on studying the design and performance of saturated buffers and denitrifying bioreactors for removing nitrate from agricultural subsurface drainage water. This research will contribute to a multistate database across the Midwest tracking the effectiveness of edge-of-field practices with the goal of increasing adoption of saturated buffers and denitrifying bioreactors to improve water quality. While Gabe's research has primarily focused on agricultural water quality issues, he is interested in other aspects of of sustainable agriculture including conservation practice adoption and local food systems.
- B.S., Agricultural Engineering, Iowa State University, 2019
- M.S., Agricultural and Biological Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2021